twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why when I try to go to sleep do I seem sometimes to fight my sleepy?

I try to go to sleep and it seems like I'm fighting my sleepy. Why does that happen?
Answer:
I often have trouble falling asleep. Usually it's just that my brain won't shut off, and I'll just lie there thinking about one thing or another, sometimes just stupid trivial things. I find doing some kind of puzzle that doesn't require a lot of thought (like word finds or fill-it-in puzzles) help to clear my mind. Not crosswords though cuz they can make you think. Also, I sometimes read a non-thought provoking book, like a romance novel, but if that's not your cup of tea, you could try watching TV for a bit. I also find that makes me more sleepy if I'm already tired.

Another reason I have problems falling asleep sometimes is that "restless leg syndrome". I learned a trick for that (and this also works for me sometimes even if that's not the problem). While lying in the position you best fall asleep, straigthen your legs, one at a time, and pull your toes up as far as you can (while keeping your leg straight) and stretch your calf. Then point your toes down and clench your calf muscles. Then relax. It really works! I always feel more relaxed after doing that.
You probably just have too much on your mind. It helps to try to go to sleep with a completely blank mind
.
Um, what's a sleepy?
uhh...take drugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net