twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will a lose dose of seroquel cause weight gain?

I am taking 25mg at night, I have a fear of gaining weight.
Answer:
yes, a little but yes.
Seroquel can cause weight gain, but nothing significant. On their website it is stated that the median (or average) wewight gain is about 1.5 Kg, oe approximately 3 lbs. This is over a course of half of a year. If you increase your cardio exercize by running or swimming every now and again, you should be good.
I'm on a 300mg dosage of serquel right now, and I have in fact lost weight.. A similar drug "cyprexa" (if you have heard off it?) made me gain weight.. I would not be to concerned if I was you :) If it turns out you gain weight from it, it's not dangerous to quit taking it. I just hope you are happy with the effect?
I take the same amount and you should be fine. I havent had a problem with weight gain. Just make sure to stay fit and eat healthy foods.
When Seroquel is prescribed at 25mg, that means it is given for sleep. It is not recognized for sleep, so your dr can give you something else. As a matter of fact, Seroquel is linked to diabetes, higher levels of cholesterol. When you take it, it causes some people to crave carbs. Eat an apple before you take it, or keep something filling on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net