twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will anti-anxiety or anit-depressants help...?

I am often woried about EVERYTHING, especially with my boyfriend, who has never done anything to actually make me worry. I feel like I need to calm down mentally but at the same time, I need to be happier.
Answer:
I have some questions for you...

1.) Do you hate your job?
2.) Do you feel unfullfilled?
3.) Why and what do you worry about your bf?
4.) Are you in a high stressed environment?

Almost 100% of the time when we worry about our partners cheating on us, it is because they are. It's a true fact. Sad, but true. I hope he's not cheating, but if you are worried you need to confront him about any feelings you are having.

If you are stressed and worried, you need to take a breather. Take some you time and meditate. If you're Christian, read the Bible and pray about your feelings. Maybe write things down and burn them afterwards. Do cartwheels in an open field. Whatever!

Maybe taking a break from dating all together will do you a lot of good. I've found myself happier and more at ease since I did. I have other friends who have done so as well and their lives are fuller and happier. I'm not saying swear it off! Take a year off from dating.

If you can afford to, take a vacation and get away for a week or two. It will do you a lot of good.

If you can't afford anything fancy to get away, go to the spa for a day. A lot of spas are cheaper than you think. If $100 at the spa will make you feel more relaxed, go for it.

Oh, and drink so tea. :) It will calm you down a lot.
see a doctor sometimes they will help but often times for minor cases they make it worse but yeah um praying always helps tho i have the same thing where i just feel worried and sad all the time for no reason so God definitely helps lol
Time for the doctor. Talk to her/him about how your feeling. I am sure they will help you figure out whats wrong and try to fix the problem.
you just need to chill out, no offense. i have high anxiety with a lot of things, and i usually just try to find a quiet place, and just sit drinking some chamomile tea. i have never taken any anti-depressents or anything so i wouldnt really know. just drink a cup of hot tea, and think about things, and why you think them, and come to a conclusion about it, and at the end you should feel a lot better, and a little happier.
Medication isn't always the answer to all our problems.However you should discus with your doctor your feelings and he will help you decide what if any medication is right for you.
See page 2 at http://www.ezy-build.net.nz/~shaneris... and practise daily, and when needed, one of the relaxation methods; also page 6: anxiety.
I'm not a psychologist, but it sounds like you may be suffering from generalized anxiety disorder. I would urge you to go to a therapist and possibly try Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The basis of CBT is to catch the negative thoughts that 'trigger' the anxiety and then combat them by asking yourself questions:

For example, what is the initial thought that makes you anxious? It may be something as simple as "I'm worthless". If that was your trigger thought, you may want to ask yourself the follwing questions:
What proof do I have that I am worthless?
Why do I think I'm worthless?

and so on...

Using CBT techniques can help you to view the situation for how it really is, instead of how your anxious self views it.

Medication may help too, but it's been proven that a combination of therapy and medication works the best. I wish you the best of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net