twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will i look at things differently and will it seem better, please help me!!??

i was a bit depressed at uni last year, i didnt have many mates and i was really unfit (i have always been active and healthy).i split up wit the gf (who i will be living in a house share with!) and i was drinkin alot.
Over summer i plan to get organised, do the work i missed, get into awesome shape and turn up with a more positive outlook and get more involved in team activities.
Will my housemates see a change in me u think?
will it be better?
Answer:
Having been a student , most of us seemed to go through a general lull in around the second year, I know I did and certainly a couple of my mates did.

This is probably rubbish advice, but I really wish I could impress on people how important it is to do the best you can while you are there. I certainly didn't, nights out, missing morning lectures, not returning after lunch in the student union etc etc, thinking it would be ok if I studied hard last minute, but I didn't fulfill my potential and I really regret it now. I would say to anyone, just figure that it's a couple of years, just do it, and you will reap the rewards.

The same goes for appearance and attitude. I sometimes wonder why I've spent years being annoyed at my weight when if I just made the extra efort I wouldn't have to stress about it anymore, it's not even like I'm a lot over wieght, but I often wish I was fitter, stronger and all it would take would be to get off my backside a do something about it, and it would change so much for the positive.

Good on you for wanting to make the change, I would definately encourage it and say give it everything you've got, just try and picture how much happier and relaxed you will be after youve made the effort and achieved it!

The housing situation doesn't need to be tricky, if you get exercise in over the summer and become more confident with your study, then it will give you such a mental and personal boost, things like that won't affect you as much as they would if you're under confident like you seem now.

Just think of the positives every time you find it hard to drag yourself off the sofa/out of bed, pictue yourself as you would like to be in 2/3/6 months and really focus on it, the self discipline will only help and i promise, really, that you will appreciate it in a few years.

Please, learn a lesson from someone who wishes they bothered!! I' m so jealous of those who did.

Seize the day, my freind, seize the day.
As long as you can see a change in yourself, it does not matter how others see you, but yes, if it is such a big change like you are aiming towards, then others will see it...

Good luck with your new found positivity...
It doesn't matter what your mates think, you're doing it for yourself. Big pat on the back to you %26 good luck x
Your housemates might see a change. Maybe they'll like it or maybe they won't. If you are changing for the better, don't let others pull you down. Change friends if you have to. Be strong, and good luck with you plan!
Just a quick thought or two - I am sorry you have had some depression while at uni - I did too, many years ago now, but I still remember how I felt at the time, having all these plans but not having the energy or mental oomph to do anything concrete.

I would say be gentle with yourself - after all, you have had the trauma of a relationship break-up as well.set yourself realistic goals, one thing at a time, then reward yourself when you achieve that one thing. Have a realistic look at your course work - is this the right course for you? - and maybe have a word with your tutor or student medical centre guys.

Don't worry about what your housemates think - it's how YOU feel that matters right now.I hope and pray things will improve for you soon.
Ask your uni student services if they can help you with a counsellor. You have said what you are planning to do and these folks will help you to achieve that. They can also liaise with your tutors and take the heat off you a bit while you get it together.

Good luck!
Bless you, if you haven't already I suggest you get extra help from your tutor and/or medical advice from doctor/counsellor. You do not want to risk things going worse over next year when the pressure really gets hold. I have had depression throughout my final year and been unable to do so much, and hid it from so many people. I am only just accepting that I've been ill and picking up the pieces now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net