twitter




Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Will quiting Paxil AKA Pexeva have any withdrawel symptoms?

I have been taking paxil for less than a month but taking it everyday 10m I want to stop taking it. Can I do this abrumptly since I havent been taking it for long?
Answer:
if it were only a week I'd say yes, but not after a whole month, you need to taper to stop the drug safely. It does take six weeks for the drug to be effective, why aren't you willing to give it time to work?
It differs for everyone. Basically you should tapper down. This may mean halving the dose every week. Obviously you should ask your doctor what the best way is to stop. May I ask why you are stopping so soon?
no. it's in your system. lower the dose every other day until you're off.
Question: Shouldn't you be asking your physician this?
you have not given the drug time to work it takes 6-8 weeks for an antidepressent to work.when stoping paxil should tamper the dose.withdraw from paxil can cause seereheadache.please consult with your doctor.
Probably not if you've only been taking it for a month. I've taken Paxil for periods of six months in the past and never had problems going off them (I believe I was on 10mg/day also). Some people are fine and some have rather pronounced withdrawal symptoms. If you're concerned you could talk to your doctor about gradually tapering off but since you haven't been taking it that long you shouldn't have any problems. But like others have said it can take up to 8 weeks to become fully effective so, if the side effects are not intolerable, maybe you should give it a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net