twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why does my mom's death seem like a bad dream?


Answer:
The death of anyone close usually has a bizarre sense of unreality about it. Its hard to believe someone who has always been there, is no longer. There is a piece from your life missing and it doesn't even seem like its real.
I always had to keep reminding myself that my loved one was gone because it always seemed like if I just turned the corner, they would be there.
I don't know if its shock or what, but it is a strange feeling, you will get past it though.
Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
it will get better. i lost my mom when i was 15 and my dad at 17 and my grandmother 3 months later. i understand. there are time i still feel like it was a dream. time will help you heal the wound. i am sorry for your loss. its really hard, i wont lie to you. but it does get easier. with time and good friends. if its really hard seek a therapist
you don't want to come face-2-face with the reality she is dead, so you just imagine it in the form of a bad dream.


Go see a phyciatrist, they will help you get over it :)
I lost my mom on Feb 20,1982. The pain is still there but it is easier to deal with. I went to therapy through . Our group met once a week and that helped alot. I don't know if there is anything you can do except take one day at a time and if you have family stay close to them and share good times that you had with your mother with them and your friends. There is also a book I read called Chicken Soup for the Grieving Soul which was helpful. I wish you the best and I am here if you need to talk. becuase i was closer to her reason why it seem like bad dream
Because it was something horrible that happened. when faced with a traumatic experience, you want to believe that it's all just a dream and everything will be back to normal. Something like a mother's death is especially hard, because she raised you and was your mother. Its hard to get over, and probably never will, but what you can do is try to make your life the best you can, because i'm sure she wouldn't want you to be sad for a long time about it.
every person deals with the death of a loved one in there own way but at the same time there is a pattern to grief .
you are at the point of denial. in your mind your mom is not dead this is like you wrote a bad dream. this is just one of the stages of what is being called the grief process.
in time this will change and you will in your mind accept that your mother did die .
you will in time be more and more able to accept this death and carry on with your life with some days going by when you may not even think about your mother or if you do its only very briefly and may be a nice memory or feeling.
so in short what you are doing now is 100% normal as hard as having your mother die is you will make it .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net