twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why is he Sleepwalking?? See Details?

Ok well my boyfriend he is 25 years old, and he has never slept walked ever in his life, except last night, he just got home from working a 15 hr day (overtime work) anyways he came home and we went to bed, We woke up in the morning and he noticed that his cell phone and the tv remote were gone from the bedside table. we looked all over the house for them and found them both in the Furnace room. Then he told me that he woke up in the middle of the night and he was sitting on the toliet lid with an empty glass in his hand. He also noticed this morning that his car keys were gone and we found those in a drawer in the kitchen, we also know that he shut of the alarm on the house during this sleep walking episode.

I'm wondering what causes sleepwalking? cause he has never slept walked in his life, and he is used to working those 15hr days he's done it a bunch of times.

Please help.
Answer:
Somnabulism isn't harmful if the person who is dreaming has dreams that are accurately representative of the dangers.
For me, the biggest danger of sleepwalking was that it was dark. I would run into walls and furniture. Because it was dark, my mind filled in with what should be there.

You can walk around your house in the dark because of cognitive maps - your brain knows your house better than you think. I have awakened in many strange places in my house (sometimes after having run into a wall). This stopped after I was but on a medication for my anxiety/depression.

Now, I never walk in my sleep. Part of the solution was raising my bed on risers. I can't get off my bed without a little more effort. It only took one time of smacking into the wall that made me hate sleepwalking enough to wake up when I start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net