twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why is it that I toss and turn all night and can't sleep during the night?

Yet when the alarm goes off in the morning, I'm ready to sleep and don't want to get up! I have a lot of worries at the moment. Does anyone else suffer this, and how do you get over it?
Answer:
You have a lot on your mind at the moment. Coping with the loss of your partner very hard. I don't sleep either, because of that.

When you are tossing and turning try writing down what is in your mind and putting it away in a drawer. Then think to yourself I will look at it tomorrow. Try listening to some chillout music to see if that helps you to relax. These are some of the suggestions I had made to me maybe they might help you.

I know what you are going through and it will take time for it to get easier, but we have to believe that it will.

Remember I am here for you whenever you need someone to help.

:-)))
TRY DRINKING A BOTTLE OF VODKA
it is mainly becayse we should not sleep at day for hours and hours together
well in a way you have answered your own Q. you cant sleep cos of the worries you have at the moment. try and sort out some of the worries and hopefully you will sleep better. try some relaxation or calming measures before you go to bed.
try not to worry too much about what the day has brought you..when relaxing try to remove all the problems and stresses of the day, pamper yourself to a therapeutic bath before sleeping, this will also help you relax. you have insomnia, so eliminate the stimulants that keeps you awake..as soon as you can sleep, your bio cycle will go back to normal.
I have had sleepless nights for God knows how long but my doctor put me on diazapam a few days ago and now I cant keep my eyes open day or night. I keep dropping off all day until about 5pm and then I am alert for a few hours and then sleepy again at 10pm. When I phoned the doctor to tell him what wa happening he said that it was ok and that my body needed the sleep and was catching up on what it needed.
Buy a decent bed it will help or get piss-d ha ha.
The main reason may be that you are overproducing adrenaline - the worry hormones - because of hypoglycemia. This is a nutritional disorder.
could be depression. mine is and I'm under treatment for it and things are getting a bit better.but your worries don't necessarily mean depression you should try proper sleep hygiene. it's not good to sleep through the day you'll just mess up your internal clock if you can't get to sleep keep yourself up and try again the following night at the proper time. Don't fight it either...if you can't sleep just get up and do something perhaps go outside if it's nice and go for a small walk. Don't get in bed worrying that you might not fall asleep just get in bed and close your eyes...if it doesn't work get up again and do something. Warm milk is a mothers remedy and it works because the tryptophane in the milk gets activated by warming and tryptophane helps the body in the creation of melatonin which is the sleep hormone. Valerian root works wonders too but it smells like stinky feet or like cranberries when they are stewing on the stobe. But go see your doctor so he can rule out depression and any other physical causes.
You have probably experienced this because of the hours the sun is causing.

The sun now sets at about 9:10, and rises at 5:30. If you are sensitive to the sun, this means you only get about 8 hours 20 minutes of sleep, when you should actually have 10 to 12 hours.

Therefore you want to sleep more in the morning.
Try a blindfold.
Your worries cause you anxiety which makes it very difficult to fall asleep at night. Its not uncommon as due to your worries, you suffer from insomnia. Also, your internal clock is off because your awake all night and your body is telling you to fall asleep in the morning instead of the evening. You should try doing something relaxing before you go to sleep like reading a book. The computer stimulates the brain so about 2 hours before bed time get off the computer so your brain will relax. Take a nice hot shower, settle down in bed and red a book. do this every night until it becomes a pattern and by doing that you will get sleep and this will also reset your internal clock.

Mary S
www.adhdareus.com
I keep getting this problem a lot lately. I think stress causes it. You could go to bed at a decent time and as soon as your head hits the pillow your brain starts to get hyper and then you can't sleep the whole night. I work in a office and a couple of night ago as soon as I went to bed I was doing my computer work in my head. I spent the whole night (in my head) typing, merging cells, moving paragraphs etc. You name it I done it. Then at 7.00 am when it was time for me to get up, I had to force myself to stay awake. I was drained at work all day. I think I will have to go for a brisk walk in the evenings to help clear my head and to help me to sleep better.
i get like that too im on cali and im still awake, i can;t sllep either, i lay in bed and im like why cant i sleep. maybe ur stressing and u have a lot in ur mind becasue thats what happend to me, i stress way too much.
I agree with Jurplesm.The digestive system is the key to the whole body and you are probably lacking some important substance but you have more chance of landing on the moon than getting medical help because they know so little about the workings of this complex process
That's part of the lyrics for "Tainted love" by band Soft Cell

"I toss and turn can't sleep at night".

Yes it is anxiety/depression.

Off to the doctors with you if it persists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net