twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why has our society become so reclusive?

we listen to music on ipod instead of going to concerts,
we watch DVDs at home instead of going ot the cinema,
we get pizza delivered instead of going for a meal.
we send text instead of meeting people face to face

we seem to put up more barriers each year?
Answer:
it is easier to do the things you said than face people to their face.
it costs way too much to go out
People make money by driving wedges between people, and then presenting a "solution."
mainly because of the cost of trying to live in this inflated place since the republicans took over.
All of those things are just options. if one is a recluse; they will utilize them instead of going out but most people don't isolate themselves in that manner. There are plenty of folks at the theater and in restaurants, etc etc.
Not me I live a full and normal life except for the panic attacks and they only happen at work, I'd like a natural medicine.
And we answer questions posed by strangers on our computers.

Is this a barrier or an opening in the wall? A new gate so to speak.

A hundred years ago most of us still lived on farms or small villages and towns. People had gatherings such as fairs and pow-wows perhaps once a year. Being in large groups for extended periods of time is not the norm for people.

Our daily lives expose us to so many people; perhaps we need some privacy for our entertainment and relaxation.
As far as the going to concerts thing, I still go to concerts (when I can afford them). Ipods make music more accessible for the every day thing. Renting a DVD is a heck of alot cheaper then going to the movies (which I still try to do as often as I can as well) but at 8.50 plus per person to catch a flick, renting movies is much less. As for the last two, I completely agree with you on that! I think as far as being super social alot of things are getting way expensive now, like the cost of living, the cost of food and obviously gas, and our wages arent increasing, making it hard to go out and do things like see concerts and catch a flick.
yes it is sad but it does seem to be the way things are going, i can understand the txting tho i would rather text than call some of my friends, because i dont always have time for a long conversation, and some of them can talk the hind legs of a donkey
What is this 'we' business about? Do you mean you yourself? Or are you just plain dishonest. Maybe you're demented. Get out more.
I dunno but I don't interact with strangers at concerts, cinemas, restaurants etc other than to buy the ticket or w/e, so I don't think that staying home instead of going out puts up more barriers, to be honest. In fact, at home my husband and I pause movies all the time and discuss things, whereas at the cinema we don't even talk to each other... so staying home is actually more of a social thing than going out, at least for me.

I do wish there was more of a community though... I barely know any of my neighbors. Living in Thailand was so different, I'd often just go hang out outside with whomever, but here people just don't do that, although we're about to move to a small village and people seem friendlier there. Big cities just suck.

In Dutch we've got a saying... a good neighbor is better than a faraway friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net