twitter




Sunday, October 25, 2009

Why does the world think I'm lazy when I sleep during the day?

I work a 12 hour graveyard shift. I have to sleep during the day! But so many people treat me like I'm a lazy bum because when they call during the day, I'm tired and not at my best. How do I get people who haven't ever worked nights to understand how hard it is to sleep and switch around from nights to days?
Answer:
People who have never worked nights do not understand.
I worked night shift for many years.
Just forget them, they think if you sleep for 2-3 hours you will be OK.let them try it!
You are such a hard worker,don't listen to them,unplug the phone during the day,or leave a message on your answer machine that you work 12 hours at night,and If they want to catch you,ythey should call at(time you specify).
I hope this helps :)
just them tell you have to work nights and who cares what they think, they should try it sometime, its not easy.
I understand , i use to do night shifts from 7pm till 7 am...They are really exhausting.
Dont let other people bother you, my brothers girlfriend , now she lazy, no kids, no job , sleeps all day surfs the net all night.
*Hugs* xxx
Oh honey do I ever understand this one!? :) I work graveyard too... First of all I learned to turn off my phone after a while. But when people would treat me poorly, I would say something like... 'I'm sorry, I worked a 12 hour shift and got off at 6am... now how can I help you?' It usually got them to stop mistreating me. Usually I even got an apology. But if I were you, I'd just turn the phone off if you can :) Good luck with it.
Turn off the phone. Aside from that tell people your situation. I work a graveyard shift too, and people just have a difficult time understanding.
I always answer a question such as this one by saying, "To thine own self be true." I'm 42-years of age and have had MS for 10 years now. I'm taking steroids right now to treat a rare Vasculitis, which is also tied into my MS as both are autoimmune disorders. But without the steroids lately, I found that I needed to sleep in shifts which, for me, was 7:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. and again from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Needless to say, I am/have been labled as lazy and worst. But I used to work a 12 hour night shift and know how exhausting that can be. I pulled one for 39 days straight and those were 13-17 hours long at a stretch. I don't worry about what anyone says about my sleep schedule being what it is. You aren't lazy. Your sleep works for you. Like I said, "To thine own self be true."
dont listen to them...you are a hard worker.maybe you can trade jobs with them for a day somehow.then they will feel what it is like.
Listen, unplug the phone when you go to sleep during the day. Sleep is one of the most important things in our lives and everyone needs their adequate sleep to function normally, so basically tell those people to f**k off, but in nicer words obviously haha. It's just that in society it is thought of as normal to sleep during the night and be active during the day, but what is normally really? Who's to say what's normal and what isn't? Do your thing and don't worry about what people thinks. Bye.
They'll never understand. Turn your ringer off
you can't it is predetermined

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net