twitter




Saturday, October 31, 2009

Why is Luvox specifically for OCD?

What is different about Luvox that makes it especially for OCD? I have Bipolar 1 and OCD and have had no luck with any of the meds I've taken in the past. Right now I am loading up on Abilify and Lamictal and in 1 month the Doc says she is going to add Luvox. What makes it different from other meds?
Answer:
I've been diagnosed with BP2/BDP and have done extensive reasearch in addition to seeing highly renound specialized psychopharmacologists and psychologists that specialize with mood disorders.

I hate to sound harsh, but your Dr. Sounds like a real pill pusher.

A good medication management plan should include the drugs that provide the best results at the lowest dosage. You shouldn't be adding drugs to your cocktail if you're not experiencing positive results with what you're taking now.

I'm not a Dr. and I won't try to diagnose you or pretend I know what you should take. But I've been through pill pushers and you definitely do not need to be on this many drugs from what you're describing.

If you want to talk offline, send me an email and we'll discus your history a bit and I'll tell you whether or not your MD is doing the right thing

altruist845@hotmail.com
I don't know why meds. react in one that doesn't in another but my Daughter has OCD and was breifly on Luvox and it didn't do a thing for her!

Your Dr. would know best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net